Oncology Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Nurse Practitioner
Cancer & Blood Care, P.C currently has an immediate opening for a self-motivated PA-C or Nurse Practitioner in Ponca City, OK to primarily manage the follow-up office visits of 12-15 established patients each day.
The candidate must be able to perform symptom management of treatment and disease by:
· Performing physical examinations of clinic patients with assessment of normal and abnormal findings; and maintain a problem oriented heath history and progress notes; record and review patient cases with supervising physician as appropriate.
· Request and evaluate lab tests and diagnostic tests
· Initiate appropriate interventions for emergent issues; evaluate and record patient/family response within practice protocol; prescribe drug therapies per protocol/physician consultation.
· Assist physicians with procedures as needed; conduct patient assessments and collaborate with physician regarding appropriate care of patients.
· Provide patient education for new Chemotherapy patients. Instruct patients and families regarding medications and give treatment instructions.
· Manage any medical emergencies in the infusion room.
We offer excellent compensation based on experience. Benefits include 401K, profit sharing, medical insurance, medical malpractice insurance, generous PTO and performance bonus/incentive pay.
Willing to consider a 4-day work week.
This is a fast-paced, exciting work environment. No two days are the same. It is important that the candidate be a quick learner and a caring, professional team player with a positive attitude with the ability to multi-task.
Oncology experience is preferred, but we are willing to train a candidate with primary care (internal medicine, family practice, urgent care) or Med/Surg experience.
New/recent graduate welcome!
TO APPLY: Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Candidate must pass extensive drug, criminal and background check.